Available Positions: Service Technician
Service Technician/ Retail
ABOUT PARVILLA CYCLES
Founded in 2011, we are an owner operated full service bicycle store, striving to work hard to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We are a small close-knit group of employees that eat and breath bikes. We are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone has the opportunity to succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Our goal is to provide quality in our products and service in a great work environment and are looking for a service technician to be a part of our team.
A critical member of the team, the Service Technician balances a passion for people, a broad technical expertise, excellence in retail practices and strong work ethic.
A Service Technician is the front line and point person for our brand to our customers by aiming to provide a successful, profitable service experiences. A Service Technician works directly with the Service Manager to assist with our customers technical needs, both present and remote providing solutions quickly to keep them riding longer and better. The Service Technician provides exceptional customer and mechanical service; enhances customer satisfaction; and aids in meeting sales and profitability goals.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking qualifying questions and listening to customers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs from a pre-set service menu or tune ups and a la cart service.
- Speak authoritatively on technical matters as they relate and pertain to their bicycles
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner.
- Responsible for properly taking in all service work and setting and exceeding customers’ expectations, including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling and completing an appropriate number of repairs based on the Service Managers direction.
- Advises and assists customers with their product/service selection.
- Develops and maintains knowledge expertise of all merchandise to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Assists with bike sales with technical consulting, and any other floor duties as needed.
- Deliver best in class customer service that ensures ongoing service and high levels of customer satisfaction
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
- Proficiency in Lightspeed point of sale systems and store operational websites
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Passion for cycling
- A current or former retail employee with 1-3 years’ experience as a bicycle mechanic preferred but not required
- Bicycle Mechanic certified training beneficial but not required
- Excellent communication with the ability to effectively interact with customers and staff
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Ability to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs. or more and use proper lifting skills
TELL ME MORE
- 40 hour/wk Full time position
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- 401k opportunity
HOW TO APPLY
Apply at the link below A three (3) month probationary period applies to this position.